Summer 2021 is in full swing! While we love the warm weather, beautiful flowers, and outdoor fun, we also know that summer can bring challenges to those who wear contact lenses.
We have a few helpful tips to make summer a little sunnier for you:
- Don’t rub your eyes – Allergens can cause itchy eyes, but if you rub them with contacts in it’s just going to make it worse. Instead change out or clean your contact lenses.
- Put your shades on – Sunglasses help prevent contacts from drying out due to wind.
- Take your contacts out before you go swimming – Bacteria, organisms, and chlorine in water can get trapped behind contacts and cause an eye infection.
- Don’t sleep in them – Sleeping with contacts in increases your chance of an infection. Take them out before you go to bed.
- Plan ahead when vacationing – If you’re going on vacation, make sure your supply of contact lenses is sufficient for the duration of your trip plus a few extra days just in case.
We hope you have a beautiful summer!